I made these sliders for a recent party with friends. They were a big hit, and made great leftovers too. They can get a little crumbly, so next time I might go a little heavier on the wet ingredients to hold things together.
From Mother Thyme.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup corn (frozen and thawed)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- ½ cup mashed avocado (about ½ an avocado)
- ½ cup light mayonnaise (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Slider or regular hamburger buns for serving
- Optional Toppings
- Mashed avocado
- Red onion
- Sliced tomato
- Chopped cilantro
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and saute until onions are tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash black beans using a potato masher until desired consistency.
- Add in corn, ketchup, soy sauce, cumin, Sriracha, cilantro, salt and pepper, onion and garlic and until well combined.
- Fold in bread crumbs until mixture holds together. Form into patties and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- To make Mayo: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined. Chill for 15 minutes and serve as desired.
- Top burger with mayo and optional toppings.