And we’re back! Made this new recipe after browsing through my old pins on Pinterest. This one only takes 2 pans and is pretty quick and easy. The flavor is great and pretty rich, but tasty! From Julia’s Album but I modified with Parmesan instead of Asiago.
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (I bought julienne style)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced in half, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half and half (and more) – (half milk – half cream to form a lighter cream)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup
AsiagoParmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz penne pasta (use gluten free brown rice penne, for gluten free version)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil with sun-dried tomatoes and minced garlic on medium heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add chopped chicken breast to the sun-dried tomatoes and oil – generously season the chicken in the skillet with salt and paprika. Cook chicken until it’s cooked through completely.
- To the same skillet with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes, add 1 cup of half and half and 1/4 teaspoon salt – bring to boil.
- Add grated cheese and stir for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Reduce the heat from boil to simmer and continue stirring to make sure all cheese melts. At this point, if the sauce is too thick, add another 1/3 cup of half and half and stir. Taste the sauce – if 1/4 teaspoon salt was not enough, add more.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce.
- Add spinach, mix everything – cover with the lid and let the pasta sit to allow spinach to wilt, on low simmer.
- After spinach has wilted, stir everything together to combine, taste and add more salt, if needed.