This one comes from www.TwinTough.com, via Pinterest. I made it for a friend’s baby shower and it was a big hit. Lots of color and tastes fresh and tangy to boot.
- 1-2 cans garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1-2 cans black beans
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, diced (I usually use half an onion since these can overpower)
- 2 bell peppers, diced (any color, any combination)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over bean mixture. (I have also put the liquid ingredients in a lidded container and shaken to combine.)
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.