I love crock pot cooking. Makes the whole house smell great and by dinnertime all the work is done!
From Skinny Taste.
1.3 lbs. lean ground turkey or beef
1 tsp. oil
1 med. onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced fine
1 garlic clove, minced
1.5 cups frozen corn kennels
10 oz. can Rotel Mild Tomatoes
8 oz. can plain tomato sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Optional toppings: Diced avocado, RF sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the turkey/beef, season with salt and cook until turkey/beef is browned.
3. Place the meat in the crock pot.
4. Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper for 4-5 minutes.
5. Spoon the mixture over the meat in the crock pot.
6. Stir in corn and tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt.
7. Mix until well blended.
8. Add chicken broth and add the bay leaf.
9. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.