This is an awesome recipe. The sauce is great and if you do a little prep work beforehand, it is a really simple recipe.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (I used crock pot cooked chicken shredded in my mixer)
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine first 9 ingredients(through tomato sauce) in a medium saucepan; stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture.
- Add chicken and beans to pan; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
- Stack tortillas; wrap stack in damp paper towels and microwave at HIGH for 25 seconds.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange tortillas, seam sides down, in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with reserved sauce and cheese.
- Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly.
- Top with tomato and cilantro. Serve with sour cream and/or avocado.