It’s a busy week here for us, moving into our new home and getting ready for Christmas.
But this was a relatively simple dinner to make and the best part is all the leftovers we can eat over the next couple days!
Adapted from RachelSchultz.com
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise. Remove pit and seeds. Drizzle each half with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Place downward on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in a skillet over medium heat. Season with basil and salt & pepper. When slightly browned, add onion, garlic, and zucchini.
- Use a spoon to remove insides of baked squash. Empty spaghetti squash into a greased 9×13.
- Stir tomato sauce, meat mixture, and mozzarella into baking dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.