I love French Fries. Too much. Turns out they can be pretty terrible for you.
But here’s a recipe that’s relatively easy to make and not nearly as bad as those deep-fried bad-boys.
Adapted from the July 2012 edition of Cooking Light.
2 pounds baking potatoes
2 tablespoons canola oil
1.5 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon parsley (I used dried)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450* and place baking sheet into oven to preheat as well.
2. Cut the potatoes into 1/4″ matchsticks (I didn’t peel mine but you can if you’re anti-peel)
3. Put potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the canola oil.
4. Arrange on baking sheet.
5. Bake at 450* for 5 minutes.
6. Turn oven to broil.
7. Broil fries for 20 minutes or so until browned, turning once.
8. Melt butter in a skillet.
9. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
10. Add fries; cook for 1 minute.
11. Toss with parsley, salt, and pepper.